Re: please stop

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> I am astounded that, in #762194, the technical committe has

> 1. Decided it should make a decision, when no disagreement
>    between maintainers of affected packages is involved.

Er, what decision did we make in that bug?

The reason why I supported that resolution is that it's *not* a decision.
It's a statement that says "hey, we were asked to decide this, but there's
a bunch of other stuff going on right now, so here's our plan, and we're
not making a decision at this time."  With some clarification of what an
earlier decision meant, just in case anyone was confused.

> 2. Ignored evidence of ongoing work.
>    (specifically, https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=762194#25)
> 3. Plowed ahead with a vote that decides a massively complicated
>    issue with a grand total of 3 days of discussion.

I really don't believe that it does this.