Re: Understanding the current state

Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> writes:

> 2) Russ and Steve were discussing text for a coupling option.  That's
> still a live discussion, right?  The fact that there haven't been any
> messages there is more about spending your time on other things and not
> a sign you've given up?

This is still a live discussion as far as I'm concerned.  There is some
debate whether this is even something that the TC should be deciding right
now (Keith, as I recall, expressed that position).  I'm also uncomfortable
proceeding too far with that discussion in Ian's absence.  (I think I
understand the outcome he wants, and I don't think it's likely to be the
winner of a TC vote, but that doesn't mean I'm comfortable just
proceeding.)