Re: Draft GR for supermajority fix
Kurt Roeckx writes ("Re: Draft GR for supermajority fix"):
> On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 06:36:07PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > If the 1:1 majority falls under it too then the proposed text works
> > correctly, surely ?
> Oh, you would interprete it as that both (a) and (b) would need
> to be true. And I already wondered what your intention there was.
Yes. That's what I meant. How about this:
3. Any (non-default) option which does not defeat the default
option by its required majority ratio is dropped from
1. Given two options A and B, V(A,B) is the number of voters
who prefer option A over option B.
- 2. An option A defeats the default option D by a majority
- ratio N, if V(A,D) is strictly greater than N * V(D,A).
- 3. If a supermajority of S:1 is required for A, its majority
- ratio is S; otherwise, its majority ratio is 1.
+ 2. An option A defeats the default option D by its
+ required majority ratio if both:
+ (a) V(A,D) is strictly greater than V(D,A); and
+ (b) if a majority of N:M is required for A,
+ M * V(A,D) is greater than or equal to N * V(D,A).