Re: Draft GR for supermajority fix

Kurt Roeckx writes ("Re: Draft GR for supermajority fix"):
> On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 06:36:07PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > If the 1:1 majority falls under it too then the proposed text works
> > correctly, surely ?
>
> Oh, you would interprete it as that both (a) and (b) would need
> to be true.  And I already wondered what your intention there was.

Yes.  That's what I meant.  How about this:

       3. Any (non-default) option which does not defeat the default
          option by its required majority ratio is dropped from
          consideration.
           1. Given two options A and B, V(A,B) is the number of voters
              who prefer option A over option B.
    -      2. An option A defeats the default option D by a majority
    -         ratio N, if V(A,D) is strictly greater than N * V(D,A).
    -      3. If a supermajority of S:1 is required for A, its majority
    -         ratio is S; otherwise, its majority ratio is 1.
    +      2. An option A defeats the default option D by its
    +         required majority ratio if both:
    +          (a) V(A,D) is strictly greater than V(D,A); and
    +          (b) if a majority of N:M is required for A,
    +              M * V(A,D) is greater than or equal to N * V(D,A).