Re: ndiswrapper

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 11:58:57AM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> "Every package in contrib must comply with the DFSG ... Examples of
> packages which would be included in contrib are: ... wrapper packages
> or other sorts of free accessories for non-free programs."
> It seems clear to me that ndiswrapper fits this policy rather exactly.

I disagree with you on that -- I still think "providing a compatable interface"
is the best way to look at this, as per:

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2006/03/msg00037.html

> So, I'd like to propose that we issue an opinion that ndiswrapper
> needs to be in contrib, to comply with debian policy.

As per http://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2006/03/msg00130.html I think
you should draft up your proposal and we should just have a vote already.

Cheers,
aj