ndiswrapper

We have a release critical bug filed against ndiswrapper.

More specifically, bug 353277 is severity critical, stipulating that
ndiswrapper be in contrib, not in main.

Here's the definition of "Severity: Serious" from bugs.debian.org: "is
a severe violation of Debian policy (roughly, it violates a "must" or
"required" directive), ..."

So, an obvious question is: what does Debian policy say about contrib?

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-archive.html#s-contrib

"Every package in contrib must comply with the DFSG ... Examples of
packages which would be included in contrib are: ... wrapper packages
or other sorts of free accessories for non-free programs."

It seems clear to me that ndiswrapper fits this policy rather exactly.

So, I'd like to propose that we issue an opinion that ndiswrapper
needs to be in contrib, to comply with debian policy.

Comments?

Thanks,

--
Raul