Re: Bug#366938: svn commit access to the d-i repo ...
* Ian Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org) [060605 14:17]:
> Andreas Barth writes ("Re: Bug#366938: svn commit access to the d-i repo ..."):
> > "there is some doubt" reads for me as non-native speaker as "basically,
> > the DPL didn't intend, but we cannot prove".
> I think that `there is some doubt that foo' usually means `probably
> foo, but we are not sure'. But it very much depends on context. You
> can read it how you want to :-).
Thanks. That's exactly the opposite how I would read it. (I seem to need
to rank the "learn real english"-course a bit higher ...).
Ok, fine with me. So, I propose now the following resolution:
1. Sven Luther complains that he has been deprived of commit access to
debian-installer's svn repository after he stepped back as installer
2. The Debian Project Leader has decided to uphold this particular
decision of the debian-installer project head.
3. Cooperation between Sven Luther and the installer team can also
happen via patches sent to the bug tracking system.
3. Access controls to source code repositories are not something in the
regular domain of the Technical Committee. However, there is some
doubt in this case whether the Project Leader has intended to ask
the Technical Committee to review the decision.
1. UPHOLDS the decision of the leader of the installer project and the
2. RECOMMENDS that the involved parties proceed as suggested by the Project
(taken up the suggestions from Steve and Ian)