Bug#366938: svn commit access to the d-i repo ...
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Bug#366938: svn commit access to the d-i repo ...
- From: Andreas Barth <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 19:02:51 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20060604170251.GA7200@mails.so.argh.org>
- Reply-to: Andreas Barth <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <20060512083857.GA12889@powerlinux.fr> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060512114140.GF7863@deprecation.cyrius.com> <email@example.com> <20060513152344.GA9262@mails.so.argh.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Ian Jackson (email@example.com) [060515 07:41]:
> Andreas Barth writes ("Re: Bug#366938: svn commit access to the d-i repo ..."):
> > sorry for top-quoting. but network is here at debconf a bit flaky
> > currently at Debconf. I spoke with Frans about this request, and Frans
> > would accept / prefer if we do a real decision about this topic, and not
> > say "we don't deal with it". And, BTW, I also think that we should make
> > a real ruling on that topic, as this would finally settle the issue.
> It seems to me that the DPL has already settled the issue ? Isn't
> that the case ?
And the DPL told that Sven could go to the Tech Ctte.
> Note that the TC can't decide to make a binding ruling on any matter
> it pleases. We can issue statements of non-binding opinion of course,
> but I don't think that's what's needed here. And we can make a
> decision when the person responsibile has delegated it to us.
Well, I read the "you can go to the tech ctte" as a delegation by the
> Also, note that any political and social issues, about which the DPL
> has made a decision, is not Frans's to decide any more and so Frans
> can't delegate it to us. We can't overrule the DPL.
Except if the DPL delegates it to us.
So, I propose the following decision:
1. Sven Luther complains that he has been deprived of commit access to
debian-installer's svn repository after he stepped back as installer
2. The Debian Project Leader has decided to uphold this particular
decision of the debian-installer project head.
3. Access controls to source code repositories are not something in the
regular domain of the Technical Committee. However, in this case the
decision was delegated by the Project Leader to the Technical
Committee as appeal instance of the Project Leader's decision.
4. Cooperation between Sven Luther and the installer team can also
happen via patches sent to the bug tracking system.
THE COMMITTEE CONCLUDES
1. The decision of the installer project head and the Project Leader is
upheld by the Committee.
2. We recommend the involved parties to work as suggessted by the