Re: Status of resolutions about TC tweaks

Andreas Barth writes ("Re: Status of resolutions about TC tweaks"):
> We establish a rule that we won't make decisions on issues that are
> ready. This means,
> - for overruling a package maintainer's decision, an appropriate package
>   for an NMU exists, and if we overrule, we upload that NMU;
> - for other overrulings, an appropriate patch exists, and if we overrule
>   and someone from the tech ctte can apply that patch, we apply it;
> - for other decisions, we make sure a similar state of readiness exists.

I agree with these principles.  But I think the answer is for the
individual committee members to apply them and to say if they think
the issue isn't ready.

There is no need for the committee to pass a resolution formally
setting a policy (since the committee could choose to ignore it
anyway); and if we can't quite agree on the policy then we'll just end
up arguing about it when we should be arguing about actual cases and
issues instead.