Re: #342455

Raul Miller writes ("Re: #342455"):
> I agree that the devmapper default should match other
> debian defaults, and vice-versa.

If I may try to channel Bastian Blank for a moment:

The proposed change to devmapper changes the permissions for all block
devices, doesn't it ?  Whereas the other debian defaults vary from one
kind of device to another.  For example, floppies are g+w floppy.

For changing the `default' by changing the permissions at device
creation time at the very least introduces a race, where the device
briefly has the default permissions; if the defaults are maximally
restrictive then this is OK.  But unless you think that group disk is
supposed to be maximally powerful then this means that the device will
(probably momentarily) have overly-weak permissions.