Re: #342455

Raul Miller <moth.debian@gmail.com> writes:

> On 2/2/06, Roger Leigh <rleigh@whinlatter.ukfsn.org> wrote:
>> It's nearly a month since the last mail to this bug.  Is this getting
>> close to being resolved?
>
> Did you notice the content of the message before yours in this bug's
> history?  It's from Bastian Blank, and includes among other things the
> statement:
>
>   I developed the idea for this fix some months ago, but never found the
>   time to implement it. So I should have refrained from tagging the bugs
>   wontfix.
>
> It seems like there's no longer any technical dispute here, but perhaps
> some time management issues to solve.

I did read this, and I'm happy progress is being made.  However, the
default is still currently wrong in unstable, and the fix is a simple
change to configure in debian/rules.  If Bastian's work isn't ready
for etch, it will still be broken in etch.

> Anyways, if Bastian doesn't have time, I think an NMU would
> be appropriate.  Of course, if you can work with him so that
> your potential NMU meshes with his intended fix that would be
> even better.

The way I saw it, Bastian's work will make the ownership and
permissions configurable, which is great.  However, the /defaults/,
which my patch addresses, still need fixing, and there is no reason to
delay fixing that.

> Put differently: if things stand where I think they stand, we should
> re-assign this bug to to package maintainer.  [But let us know if
> you think we're overlooking something important.]

The other outstanding issue is devmapper in stable, which is broken in
exactly the same way.  I'd like to submit the same patch to
Joey for inclusion in sarge r2.

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=329409;msg=87;att=0

Bastian, are you okay if I do that?

Many thanks,