Re: #342455

On 2/2/06, Roger Leigh <rleigh@whinlatter.ukfsn.org> wrote:
> It's nearly a month since the last mail to this bug.  Is this getting
> close to being resolved?

Did you notice the content of the message before yours in this bug's
history?  It's from Bastian Blank, and includes among other things the
statement:

  I developed the idea for this fix some months ago, but never found the
  time to implement it. So I should have refrained from tagging the bugs
  wontfix.

It seems like there's no longer any technical dispute here, but perhaps
some time management issues to solve.

(If there's some technical dispute, we should be doing something about
that dispute, but if the dispute is resolved, we should be getting out
of the way so that you can get on with supporting your packages.)

Anyways, if Bastian doesn't have time, I think an NMU would
be appropriate.  Of course, if you can work with him so that
your potential NMU meshes with his intended fix that would be
even better.

Put differently: if things stand where I think they stand, we should
re-assign this bug to to package maintainer.  [But let us know if
you think we're overlooking something important.]

Thanks,

--
Raul