Re: building packages for sparc

[no Cc is necessary, I read the list]

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 12:47:09AM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 11:04:47AM +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > > Debian buildds.  So just "doctoring" around a failure on a buildd by
> > > building it in a different environment is not healthy in the long run
> > > because we need to make sure that the buildd is capable of building
> > > every package.
>
> On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 12:21:59PM +1100, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> > I guess it's a good thing that we don't have maintainers building and
> > uploading every single package in the archive (for at least one
> > architecture) built in random environments, then.
> >
> > Oh wait, we do.  Damn.
>
> Do you have some reason to think that this is a problem?

If we want a package that builds in all architectures' buildds, we should be
building all packages from source on all architectures, not just on
architectures other than the uploaders' chosen arch.

There are other reasons why buildd builds for all arches are good, but we'll
leave that for another discussion.

- Matt