Re: Gnome (#154950) (was Re: Please organize the vote)

Colin Walters writes ("Re: Gnome (#154950) (was Re: Please organize the vote)"):
> On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 19:59, Ian Jackson wrote:
> >   Therefore it seems to us that there is no longer a need for a
> >   decision by the Committee.  The bug report will be closed.
>
> That is correct.  Please go ahead and close the bug.

I think normally I would just go ahead and do so.  But given the
intense politics surrounding this one I'd rather have a vote on it.

So, I hereby call for a vote on my earlier proposal to close the bug
and vote in favour.  Here's a copy if you missed it:

  The Committee regret that we have failed to get to grips with the
  actual dispute or issue in the question of bug #154950 and the Gnome
  transition.

  It seems to us that all of the original disputants and other
  relevant participants are now agreed on a course of action, which
  roughly resembles the `option 2' of Raphael Hertzog's original bug
  report.

  Therefore it seems to us that there is no longer a need for a
  decision by the Committee.  The bug report will be closed.

  If anyone feels that the current course of action is wrong, and
  wishes the Committee to once more take an interest, we would welcome
  a clear statement of the issues and the dispute, and are fully
  prepared to reopen the question (and the bug report), and to
  reconsider.

Thanks,