Re: Calling Klee and Guy to vote for the Chair

On Wed, Aug 18, 1999 at 09:31:44AM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> Before we can decide on the current proposals before us, I believe we need
> to settle the issue of the Chair, so we have a mechanism to call a vote.

No, we don't need a Chair to call for a vote.

A.2:
    1. The proposer or a sponsor of a motion or an amendment may call for
       a vote, providing that the minimum discussion period (if any) has
       elapsed.

6.3:
    1. The Technical Committee uses the Standard Resolution Procedure.
       A draft resolution or amendment may be proposed by any member of
       the Technical Committee. There is no minimum discussion period;

So we can transact business.  The things that the Chairman can do that
we can't do otherwise are:
 * Break ties with the Chairman's casting vote.
 * Stand in for an absent Leader.