Re: debian-ctte list isn't archived, etc.

You should have sent this mail to listmaster@debian.org.  Debian-admin
is still not responsible for list maintenance.

Raul Miller wrote:
> I'm sending this email to a whole bunch of people because there's a
> whole series of problems that I'd like to see resolved quickly.
>
> Problems:
>
> (0) the technical committee has no chairman.

Can't solve this.

> (1) three of the technical committee members are not responding to
> email (Klee Dienes, Guy Maor, and Ian Jackson).  [In at least two
> of those cases I think they're subscribed to the committee lists
> under old email addresses.]  [They need to vote for someone as
> chairman to fix problem 0.]

Can't solve this either, known problem though. :(

Subscribed to debian-ctte:

srivasta@datasync.com
dwarf@polaris.net
klee@debian.org
moth@debian.org

Moderators of debian-ctte:

srivasta@datasync.com
dwarf@polaris.net
maor@ece.utexas.edu
ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk
klee@debian.org
moth@debian.org

> (2) I don't have access to murphy (either I forgot my password or I
> don't have an account there), so I can't even examine how that machine
> is handling list traffic.

You don't hava access to it, it's not open to developers

The machine is handling it...

> (3) on master there's a ~debian/lists/debian-ctte/ but all
> that's in it is:
> -rw-r--r--   1 debian   Debian        967 Dec  5  1998 debian-ctte.199812.gz

There should be some more files if you would have sent approved
postings.  There have been some mails, but they were not distributed.

You need to use one of the moderator addresses as From line or add
an Approved: <addr> line.  The list is configured properly.

When there are no approved and distributed postings, nothing will
be archived publically.  The list is configured properly.

> (4) my old email address <rdm@test.legislate.com> is going away in a
> few weeks because legislate is going away.  [my subscription to the
> technical committee lists should be changed to moth@debian.org].

I've already told you that I've changed that.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The MS-DOS filesystem is nice for removable media.  -- H. Peter Anvin