Re: Debian Consultants Page

James Bromberger <james@jamesbromberger.com>
> I'm keen to get additional requirements from people for this list -
> please let me know. I wanted to do a Google Maps mash up so you see
> where people are, as well as apply filters to the list of entries in the
> browser...

OK, this sounds like a great idea and was on a couple of people's
wishlists this week, so additional requirements. Please could you:

 - use FOSS resources as far as possible:

   - use openstreetmap instead of Google Maps, for example;

   - if you're starting from the current consultants page, I guess its
licence (and maybe soon relicensing) is involved;

 - random result ordering by default;

 - offer database downloads:

   - native format, whatever that is;

   - debian consultants page format - I know this would probably lose
some of the new data or structure but it would be nice to keep the
historic data updated just in case the new version ever goes away, but
maybe we should not display it once the new version is ready.  I
believe I have access to update the website and I think I'll ask work
to give me some time to do it.  If anyone would like to help fund the
co-ops community work, please email me off-list for a donation link.

 - meets Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0.

Hope that helps,