Re: open source Solution for Active Directory Services

Before anything else, I would like to thank all of you for giving such a wonderfull information.

Guys,

My Objectives are as follows:

1) Set up an open source solution for Domain Controller (which I am sure would be possible by installing Samba 3 and LDAP).

2) There are 3 remote offices where I am planning to implement this solution. So is there any way by which I can connect DC's at 3 different offices and let them communicate with each other as PDC, BDC and Domain Member?

3) How to enforce Security as well as Desktop policies using this kind of solution or rather is it possible the way we can do it in Windows Active Directory Services?

Please give me your comments on above questions.

Please note that, there will be Domain Controller which will be running on Linux platform and the major user computers will be Windows XP.

Thanks a lot again.

Regards
Satya

On 4/22/06, Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 07:07:34AM +0200, Jan-David Salchow wrote:
> the only nast thing is that you will not find a management software
> for managing your accounts.

That's not quite true -- whilst it's not perfect, LDAP Account Manager (LAM)
is a reasonable stab at the problem space.

- Matt