down to business

Everyone back from the Expo or wherever have you been? Can we
start turning our cool ideas into money? ;-)

Yesterday I signed with a company to teach in-site linux class.
They won't be using Debian because they have a partnership with
a company which produces a local distribution, but it will still
give me some valuable experience - and some valuable money to
start my own debian-school project.

So I'd like to get objective opinions on these starting points:

1: the name issue

I'd go for the simpler - "Debian Professionals Association", to
be referred to as "DebianPro" or "Deb-Pro" and never "DPA".

2: who

How many people are interested on it? Do we have enought "real"
consultants to lay out the certification, qa and cross-member-
followup models? Do we have enought teachers to lay out the
curricula? Do we have a place for a website? Should we announce
the effort somewhere else (debian-devel? debian-devel-announce?)
now or wait till we are more structured?

3: where

Should the organization process continue on this list or should
we move someplace else?

These are the cornerstones IMHO. After that, we can have
"working groups" - the certification, qa, followup
infrastructures will be laid out only by people who have
experience and interest on this kind of thing, the curricula
only by people who teach, the website onnly by those interested
and so on.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----