Re: Global networking change in our AWS accounts

Hi

You mean via https://security-master.debian.org/debian-security-buildd?

> I would like the central server to have its unique public IPv4 address
> for this.

None of the IP addresses you can assign are actually stable.  The best
approximation comes in form of a complete IPv6 subnet, aka a /64 where
only your stuff with security access runs.

> > - IPv4 incoming will _not_ work with a public IP assigned to an
> >   instance, and
> > - IPv4-only or (better) dual-stack network load balancers can be used
> >   for stuff like HTTP access for users.
> This means that all incoming HTTP access has to go through the admins
> first. Is there a way to do this without creating a bottleneck or a
> SPoF?

I have not decided how that should work.  Actually I added the
permissions required to manage load balancers.  We can however also
pre-create it and only let you decide where to route the traffic.

Bastian

--
Love sometimes expresses itself in sacrifice.
		-- Kirk, "Metamorphosis", stardate 3220.3