Re: Global networking change in our AWS accounts

Hi Bastian,

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 10:16:38PM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> We like to do a global change to the way the network is setup on the new
> AWS accounts.  The goal is to reduce the amount of global IPv4 addresses
> to a minimum, as those are an increasingly rare comodity nowadays.

Thanks for your work operating these environments.  It's much
appreciated!  I want to clarify one detail - you've decided to stop
offering globally routable IPv4 addresses in the AWS environments that
you manage.  Since you are the one managing these accounts, that is well
within your rights.

But it isn't a policy the team has adopted.  I don't see any problem
with your choice, but please don't position it as the team's official
stance.

Ross