Global networking change in our AWS accounts

Hi folks

We like to do a global change to the way the network is setup on the new
AWS accounts.  The goal is to reduce the amount of global IPv4 addresses
to a minimum, as those are an increasingly rare comodity nowadays.

We will
- use NAT gateways for all outgoing IPv4 traffic, and
- allow use of IPv4 via load balancers for some kinds of traffic.

This means for you as a user that
- IPv6 will work in either direction and can be used to access instances
  at will (subject of security groups off course),
- IPv4 outgoing will work and all instances use the same address to the
  outside,
- IPv4 incoming will _not_ work with a public IP assigned to an
  instance, and
- IPv4-only or (better) dual-stack network load balancers can be used
  for stuff like HTTP access for users.

This affects mainly the following accounts:
- container (tianon),
- qa1 (elbrus, terceiro), and
- qa2 (lucas).

The time-frame to deploy this change is not yet determined, but should
be in the next couple of days.  If you have questions about this, please
don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Bastian

--
If some day we are defeated, well, war has its fortunes, good and bad.
		-- Commander Kor, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3201.7