Re: Making a test version of Bullseye as a GCE image available?

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 01:52:11PM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> Perhaps it would make sense to make an image for Bullseye in
> debian-cloud-testing, so it doesn't accidentally get picked up and
> used in production environments before Bullseye gets released as
> Debian Stable?

The situation is basically the same as it was for buster:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-cloud/2018/11/msg00011.html

Meaning that the Google Cloud Team under Zach Marano is responsible for
publishing Debian images to GCE.

Debian generates raw images targeted for GCE, but we don't actually
publish them to the service.  You can find them at
https://cloud.debian.org/images/cloud/bullseye/daily/ and you should be
able to register one of those images with the service and get something
to test.  However, I believe it's still the case that Google adds some
additional packages on top of what's in the Debian images, so you won't
necessarily be testing the exact configuration that'll be used in
production following the bullseye release.

noah