Who updates the debian-cloud-testing images in GCE?

I noticed recently that the images debian-cloud-testing images were
lasted updated in August, which seems quite out-of-date compared to
the images in debian-cloud.

% gcloud compute images list --project debian-cloud-testing --no-standard-images
NAME                        PROJECT               FAMILY     DEPRECATED  STATUS
debian-10-buster-v20180823  debian-cloud-testing  debian-10              READY
debian-9-stretch-v20180820  debian-cloud-testing  debian-9               READY

% gcloud compute images list --project debian-cloud --no-standard-images
NAME                        PROJECT       FAMILY    DEPRECATED  STATUS
debian-9-stretch-v20181113  debian-cloud  debian-9              READY

It wasn't clear to me who was responsible for updating
debian-cloud-testing.  I asked internally inside Google, and I got a
response that normally it wasn't Google's Cloud Image team which
updates the debian-cloud-testing project, but rather Debian.

The person who responded said they did have access so they *could*
update it, but I was concerned that if in fact this project was owned
by debian-cloud, it would step on toes if I asked the Google Cloud
team to update images in debian-cloud-testing project.

The main reason why I'm asking is because I'm interested in doing some
testing with Debian Buster, and the Buster has changed significantly
since August.  Specifically, the grub package has changed enough that
simply doing a "apt-get update ; apt-get -y --with-new-pkgs upgrade"
results in a non-functional image when the automated script[1]
finishes.

[1] https://github.com/tytso/xfstests-bld/blob/master/kvm-xfstests/test-appliance/gce-xfstests-bld.sh

I've since found a workaround, using:

apt-get update
apt-get install -y debconf-utils curl
debconf-set-selections <<EOF
grub-pc	grub-pc/install_devices	multiselect	/dev/sda
EOF
export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive
apt-get -y --with-new-pkgs upgrade

.... so it's not urgent for me; but it would be nice if a nicer Buster
image was made available to debian-cloud-testing so others don't run
into the problems that I did.  I just want to make sure it happens in
the right way without anyone feeling bypassed in the process.

Thanks!!

						- Ted