Re: Call for ideas & agenda items for remote cloud sprint 2020

Hi guys,

Em sáb., 12 de set. de 2020 às 18:27, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> escreveu:
On 9/11/20 7:06 AM, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> Due to covid19, we won't be able to gather in person this year.  I'd like to
> see if folks are interested in doing a remote sprint some time in November.
>

> Format ideas
> ------------
>
> I doubt that 2 days of video calls will be feasible.  So we need some ideas for
> acceptable formats.  How much time are you willing to commit?  How should that
> time be scheduled?  How should we break it up?
>

> Agenda items
> ------------
>
> Since we'll all be in our home time zones, scheduling will be difficult.  We
> should set an agenda beforehand to ensure the time is well-spent.  Please
> propose agenda items for discussion during next month's jitsi meeting.
>

> Thanks,
> Ross

Hi Ross,

Thanks for getting such a thread started.

I'm not sure about the format (obviously, Jitsi must be involved...),
though I have a few things I keep thinking of for which I don't have
time to work on... I'm not sure I will be available, because I'm super
busy at work these days. Here's a few items anyways:

1/ image-finder

If Arturo is willing to spend some times with me, I'd like to finish
what I started with him, ie: make the app finally really usable and
production ready the way I feel is needed (ie: having it work with a
configuration file to read the DSN, and have a "db-sync" on the command
line that actually works...).
I would like to talk during the sprint about the deployment. Instead of using package managing, I would like to deploy it using Kubernetes.
This way we can have everything at Salsa and this could make it easier to manage than using external DevOps tools like Jenkins.
With GitLab(salsa), we can import the K8S cluster and setup all the DevOps/pipelines.
The Image finder already has docker images been built, tagged, and pushed to the Salsa repo registry via GitLab CI so we are halfway there.

If we get there, then I'd like to spend the time on getting the metadata
filled-in automatically, and finally, write a script to get the
OpenStack images uploaded to an OpenStack deployment.

2/ Get the Octavia images pushed (as well as the raw image, without a
wrapping format like tar...)

3/ Get the work on parsing the .json manifest and compare it to what's
in security.debian.org, to make sure we filter produced images for
stable and get them published only when needed.

Hopefully, this isn't just a letter to father Christmas and I'll manage
to get this a higher priority than other
also-super-important-stuff-at-work... :/

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

Cheers,

Arthur Diniz