Re: Nightly Builds and Continous Delivery for Vagrant Boxes plans

Le 06/06/2020 à 11:50, Bastian Blank a écrit :
> On Sat, Jun 06, 2020 at 11:00:36AM +0200, Emmanuel Kasper wrote:
>> Unfortunately the 250MB limit of artifacts prevent building a pipeline
>> with multiple stages like
>> create .box from raw -> test -> upload
>> as I hit the artifact limit size between each of these stages.
>
> Please take a deeper look into what the rest of the cloud team image
> workflow does.  Maybe you find inspiration into how not to break
> everything.

Hi Bastian

I want to extend the following pipeline:
https://salsa.debian.org/cloud-team/debian-vagrant-images/pipelines/143272

'Build' stage is just a regular bin/debian-cloud-images fai build,
creating a tar.xz artifact.
In the 'Vagrant package' stage, I convert the raw disk image from the
tar.xz artifact to vmdk, add some Vagrant specific meta information, and
creates a tar.gz, as vmdk, tar and gzip are required by
VirtualBox/Vagrant for the .box format [1]

Due to
- more packages installed in the 'Build' stage
- tar.gz on a vmdk image being less efficient than tar.xz on a sparse
file, the .box files created by the 'Vagrant package' stage are bigger
than 250MB, in the 270MB-350MB range.

Where am I here breaking everything ? Am I missing something ?

> Now the important question, why do you want to clone everything?  Please
> work with the other people.

I cloned debian-cloud-images, among other reasons, because of the
points mentioned here
https://lists.debian.org/debian-cloud/2020/04/msg00034.html

But generally speaking since I am the one doing the Vagrant work, why
can't I choose in which repo I want to do that work ?

Emmanuel

[1] https://www.vagrantup.com/docs/boxes/format
--
You know an upstream is nice when they even accept m68k patches.
  - John Paul Adrian Glaubitz, Debian OpenJDK maintainer