Re: Building cloud images using Debian infrastructure

On Wed, Aug 08, 2018 at 11:47:48AM +0200, Thomas Lange wrote:
> I do not know how we want to build this whole CI stuff. I'm only the
> FAI expert. But last year we worked on this build process a little bit
> (there was this big picture on the whiteboard) and now something
> different showed up.

I saw that picture, but it contained no implementation specific
information.  Also Salsa did not exist last year, but now it does.

> I wonder why you worry about 32GB RAM? Casulana has a lot of RAM and
> 32GB should not cause any trouble to it.

It's just not nice to do it this way.  And it limits the scalability.

>                                          Was this the main reason to
> build something using docker and CoreOS?

No, the main reason it isolation.  The builds take some global
resources, loop devices, and may not return them in case of some errors.

Bastian

--
Virtue is a relative term.
		-- Spock, "Friday's Child", stardate 3499.1