Re: Packaging AWS Agents for Debian

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 04:56:01AM -0800, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
>> 2. There could be formal partnership agreements between the distro and
>> AWS. I'm not sure, and I don't know what the terms of such an agreement
>> would be, so I have no idea if this would be an option for Debian.
>
> One note on this, which Noah probably knows but is worth mentioning in
> context: while not all formal partnership agreements would have terms
> Debian finds acceptable, Debian does have the ability to sign contracts
> through one of the Trusted Organization it works with. Most likely this
> would be Software in the Public Interest where the counterparty is a US
> entity like Amazon.

To work closely with AWS, there is no specific agreement necessary.
James, Marcin, and I discussed setting up a monthly cadence to ensure
that we have an opportunity to discuss feature support and other tasks
together. I think that Debian is an established OS partner, but there
is always room for improvement and more collaborative work like we
have done even at the last cloud SIG.

> If a formal partnership agreement becomes necessary, I'm on the SPI
> board and am happy to participate in discussions about whether the terms
> are viable. (The Debian Project Leader would be the one to give any
> final approval on behalf of Debian; SPI would probably consult its
> lawyers at SFLC before giving its final approval.)

Sending a note to spi-board to keep the momentum here (from my work
address).  I have some open action items for housekeeping that we
intended to complete from early Nov. as well.