Re: Packaging AWS Agents for Debian

On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 04:56:01AM -0800, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> 2. There could be formal partnership agreements between the distro and
> AWS. I'm not sure, and I don't know what the terms of such an agreement
> would be, so I have no idea if this would be an option for Debian.

One note on this, which Noah probably knows but is worth mentioning in
context: while not all formal partnership agreements would have terms
Debian finds acceptable, Debian does have the ability to sign contracts
through one of the Trusted Organization it works with. Most likely this
would be Software in the Public Interest where the counterparty is a US
entity like Amazon.

If a formal partnership agreement becomes necessary, I'm on the SPI
board and am happy to participate in discussions about whether the terms
are viable. (The Debian Project Leader would be the one to give any
final approval on behalf of Debian; SPI would probably consult its
lawyers at SFLC before giving its final approval.)

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org (Debian) / jimmy@spi-inc.org (SPI)