Re: vmdebootstrap plans

> These days golang is the go, excuse the pun and the fact it compiles to a
> single executable means the language and extra packages such as jinja2 are
> not required.

Hi Chris
Please not that vmdebootstrap is written in python, not in go. During
the debian-cloud meeting we had a talk about packer, which I am
currently for vagrant images but it seems to put people off because:

* packer builds by default only static binaries. Dynamic linking is only
available for AMD64. This means a security update of

               golang-github-hpcloud-tail-dev (>=
1.0.0+git20160415.b294095-2),
               golang-github-aws-aws-sdk-go-dev,
               golang-github-digitalocean-godo-dev,
               golang-github-dylanmei-winrmtest-dev,
               golang-github-go-ini-ini-dev,
               golang-github-hashicorp-atlas-go-dev,
               golang-github-hashicorp-go-checkpoint-dev,
               golang-github-hashicorp-go-multierror-dev,
               golang-github-hashicorp-go-version-dev,
               golang-github-hashicorp-yamux-dev,
               golang-github-kardianos-osext-dev,
               golang-github-klauspost-pgzip-dev,
               golang-github-masterzen-winrm-dev,
               golang-github-mitchellh-cli-dev,
               golang-github-mitchellh-go-fs-dev,
               golang-github-mitchellh-go-homedir-dev,
               golang-github-mitchellh-go-vnc-dev,
               golang-github-mitchellh-iochan-dev,
               golang-github-mitchellh-mapstructure-dev,
               golang-github-mitchellh-multistep-dev,
               golang-github-mitchellh-panicwrap-dev,
               golang-github-mitchellh-prefixedio-dev,
               golang-github-mitchellh-reflectwalk-dev,
               golang-github-packer-community-winrmcp-dev,
               golang-github-pierrec-lz4-dev,
               golang-github-pierrec-xxhash-dev,
               golang-github-pkg-sftp-dev,
               golang-github-rackspace-gophercloud-dev (>=
1.0.0+git20160416.884.c54bbac~),
               golang-github-ugorji-go-codec-dev,
               golang-golang-x-crypto-dev,
               golang-golang-x-oauth2-dev,
               golang-google-api-dev (>= 0.0~git20160408~),
               golang-gopkg-xmlpath.v2-dev,
               golang-github-azure-azure-sdk-for-go-dev (>= 2.1.1~beta~),
               golang-github-azure-go-autorest-dev (>= 7.0.4~),
               golang-github-azure-go-ntlmssp-dev

will need a rebuild of the package in the archive.

* a less important factor, is that people are more confortable in python
and perl

Emmanuel