Re: bootstrap-vz GCE status

Dnia 2014-03-25, wto o godzinie 09:39 +0100, olivier sallou pisze:

>         While I'm not sure, the GCE web console probably does the same
>         as gcutil resetinstance, which is equivalent to pressing the
>         hardware reset button on a physical machine.
>

>         The serial info contains the console log, assuming the
>         settings to do that got preserved in the switch from
>         build-debian-cloud to bootstrap-vz.
>
> I made a new test today with boot a "sudo reboot" and a graphical
> reboot and both worked.... So maybe issue was an isolated issue.

I haven't tested reboots, so cannot comment on it.

> Remains hostname not being set, I think it is because /etc/hostname
> has not been removed from generated image. Google startup scripts
> would have run the set-hostname script if not present. I will test
> with this.

I've added linking of /usr/share/google/set-hostname to dhcp exit hooks
in providers.gce.tasks.host.SetHostname, but have not removed
/etc/hostname from image.
In my experience it worked - i.e. after start I got correct
hostname. Maybe it needs fixing though.

> By the way, serial console log access is ok.

There is still small problem with GRUB settings - I had to comment
out one line in providers.gce.tasks.boot.ConfigureGrub as it was not
accepted by grub scripts.

--
Tomasz Rybak <tomasz.rybak@post.pl> GPG/PGP key ID: 2AD5 9860
Fingerprint A481 824E 7DD3 9C0E C40A  488E C654 FB33 2AD5 9860