Re: bootstrap-vz GCE status

While I'm not sure, the GCE web console probably does the same as gcutil resetinstance, which is equivalent to pressing the hardware reset button on a physical machine.

The serial info contains the console log, assuming the settings to do that got preserved in the switch from build-debian-cloud to bootstrap-vz.

I made a new test today with boot a "sudo reboot" and a graphical reboot and both worked.... So maybe issue was an isolated issue.

Remains hostname not being set, I think it is because /etc/hostname has not been removed from generated image. Google startup scripts would have run the set-hostname script if not present. I will test with this.

By the way, serial console log access is ok.

Olivier

I may actually have some time to play with bootstrap-vz this week, finally. Looking forward to trying it.

- Jimmy