Re: Debian cloud images for OpenStack?

Excerpts from Jeremy Stanley's message of 2013-07-05 18:15:41 -0700:
> On 2013-07-06 09:32:08 +0900 (+0900), Charles Plessy wrote:
> [...]
> > 5. Debian-Installer (http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/).
> [...]
>
> 6. https://github.com/stackforge/diskimage-builder (Ubuntu-specific
> for the moment and geared more toward making server images which can
> be used as components *of* an OpenStack environment, but can also be
> leveraged to make general-purpose images and would likely only
> require minor tweaking to also work for Debian)

Right now, diskimage-builder customizes already existing images. It is
not Ubuntu specific, users are making use of it with Fedora images quite
a bit.

For it to work with Debian, we'd need some kind of base line root
filesystem. Debootstrap would work, though IIRC there are some reasons
that this is undesirable.