Re: Debian cloud images for OpenStack?
- To: Juerg Haefliger <email@example.com>
- Cc: debian-cloud <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Debian cloud images for OpenStack?
- From: Anders Ingemann <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 09:02:09 +0200
- Message-id: <CAMcOGXFAxq_JK=oujTChZtpSHsBZZQy=mmqJdYmL-CgpEr5MqQ@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <CADLDEKtqddSAsYeBEa=ud1rCv+zPQjJzzqomtMu4f0TABsX08w@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CADLDEKtqddSAsYeBEa=ud1rCv+zPQjJzzqomtMu4f0TABsX08w@mail.gmail.com>
On 5 July 2013 08:58, Juerg Haefliger <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I'm responsible for the image catalog in the HP Cloud
> (www.hpcloud.com) which runs OpenStack. I'm in the process of pushing
> a Debian 7.1 image which should hit public as soon as HP legal is
> happy with it (which means it can only be a matter of weeks). I
> noticed that you guys build EC2 images but I couldn't find any
> OpenStack images. I'm wondering if you are willing to work together to
> build OpenStack compliant images? This would ensure that always
> up-to-date images are available and also supported by the community.
> At the moment, I'm building the images for our cloud but I don't have
> the bandwidth to update those images on a regular basis with the
> latest security updates and bug fixes.
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
> Archive: http://lists.debian.org/CADLDEKtqddSAsYeBEa=ud1rCv+zPQjJzzqomtMu4f0TABsX08w@mail.gmail.com
> I'm wondering if you are willing to work together to build OpenStack compliant images
I certainly am. In the coming week or two I will release a python port
of my bootstrapper (alpha release), which is much more flexible than
the current one.
Do you already have an automated version up and running or is the
process mostly hand-held?