Re: Please let's not talk about "clouds"

    No. I really mean "shared hosting".

I had to guess what you mean by those words.

					Which is, a single server, with
    let's say apache, bind, postfix and so on, running. Then customers get a
    web GUI to control their account in the server, add mailboxes, domains,
    etc. against a generally very low yearly fee (from 5 to 100 USD per
    year, generally).

Now I see what you mean.

This is a different scenario from the others we have been discussing,
and a completely different issue.

Those seem to be all communications services.  If the machine is used
for communication (i.e., not for your own computing), maybe it's ok.
If you did your own computing on it, that would be like SaaSS.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation