Re: Please let's not talk about "clouds"

On 04/23/2013 04:00 AM, Richard Stallman wrote:
> That makes no difference to the ethics of the service.  Even if the
> programs are released as free software in whichever way you like, the
> users of the service have no control over what that server does.

And so with any shared hosting solution, even those running exclusively
with free software. Functionality may come and go depending on the
security requirements for example. Does it mean that, for you, shared
hosting services are all bad?

Now, let's say we run virtual machine on an IaaS cloud. Does this mean
that if the IaaS cloud isn't owned by you (eg: you are running on a public
IaaS cloud), then we are, in your view, on the same situation of ethics as
you mentioned above?

Thomas