RE: Debian on Azure - vmdepot

There's a 90-day free trial available (probably - and hopefully :) - a big button on http://windowsazure.com). You'll still be required to enter billing information but you won't be charged and the account will be cancelled after the trial period if you don't explicitly unblock the spending limit (set at 0).

> > I'm assuming you want to inspect the VHD for the Image (not a VM
> > created from that Image).
>
> I think doing both would be nice. There are things you can verify by
> only looking at the VHD and others you really need to try on the "live"
> thingie.

Sure. When you have a VM on your azure subscription, you'll find the VHD url directly in the portal (use azure portal to launch that) or by calling azure vm disk list --json

> Thanks a lot for your help, Pierre!

Thanks for your detailed feedback, I usually learn by doing and that helps a lot.

Pierre