Re: Debian on Azure - vmdepot

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 11:17:35AM +0000, Pierre Couzy wrote:
> > I agree that it'd be better to test from scratch. Do you know if we
> > can get access to any limited, free account for interested people on
> > this list that want to experiment with the Azure images, with the
> > purpose of improving them?
>
> There's a 90-day free trial available (probably - and hopefully :) - a
> big button on http://windowsazure.com). You'll still be required to
> enter billing information but you won't be charged and the account
> will be cancelled after the trial period if you don't explicitly
> unblock the spending limit (set at 0).

OK, I'll try this way (currently waiting for the greylisting delay of
the "enable your account" mail Microsoft sent me).

Still, I think we need a more long term solution. I expect that DDs
working on Azure images will need to be able to test them, as random
users. ... over a period potentially longer than 90 days :-P If you, or
someone else at Microsoft, can bring this problem forward, advocating
for free accounts for DDs maintaining, or even simply *testing*, those
images, that would be nice.

Cheers.
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .