Re: JSON based API to query available AMIs

[ adding the bug log to Cc, to keep track of relevant information ]

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 10:52:46PM -0800, Eric Hammond wrote:
> >The JSON format you mentioned looks reasonable. However, this brings us
> >back to the infrastructure question: we'll need to host a corresponding
> >CGI (or whatever it is that implements the query service) somewhere.
> >Where?
>
> Even though I called it an "API", you probably could implement this as
> static JSON files without any CGI or dynamic calculations.

Right, very good point.

> Every time you publish new AMIs, write new static JSON files with the
> latest ids.

Anders, James, do you think this is easy to integrate in the AMI build
toolchain? If you can generate the static JSON file at each AMI
generation / upload, I can then investigate with the www.d.o team how to
publish it on www.d.o natively, if feasible there, or where else it
should go.

TIA,