Re: JSON based API to query available AMIs

On 11/21/2012 07:55 AM, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
   - A machine-queriable API that returns the latest AMI ids
The JSON format you mentioned looks reasonable. However, this brings us
back to the infrastructure question: we'll need to host a corresponding
CGI (or whatever it is that implements the query service) somewhere.
Where?

Even though I called it an "API", you probably could implement this as static JSON files without any CGI or dynamic calculations.

Every time you publish new AMIs, write new static JSON files with the latest ids.

Out of curiosity: do you know of any other distro who has implemented it
already? If not, it might be worth to advertise the format on some
cross-distro mailing list, like <distributions@lists.freedesktop.org>.

Hm, I thought Ubuntu was already using it, but I guess it may still be in the proposal stage.

The Ubuntu person to include in discussions is:

  Ben Howard
  ben.howard@canonical.com

--
Eric Hammond