Re: AWS Debian Stable 6.0.6 Image: Testing please

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi@yuggoth.org> wrote:
> On 2012-11-16 11:50:01 -0800 (-0800), Clint Byrum wrote:
>> You mean companies like Rackspace, HP Cloud, and (soon to be more
>> widely accessible) Dreamhost. All of these companies run public clouds
>> on OpenStack, and actively participate in its development.
>
> Yes, without explicitly naming names, those were some of the higher
> profile examples I had in mind. I just didn't want to turn it into
> an adversiting discussion per se. ;)

If you go back and read the archives, you'll see that the Zack
indicated that he is open to Debian being on as many Public clouds as
possible, as long as we can build images exclusively with DFSG
compliant software, and ship images that only contain DFSG software,
and have the volunteers to build and maintain images for those clouds.

(Zack please correct me, if I misunderstood, or am mischaracterizing
your statements).

Currently Debian has volunteers for Amazon's cloud. (including a
Debian Developer that works at Amazon) If you, or folks you know, are
interested in building official Debian OpenStack/
RackSpace/HP/Dreamhost images, I don't really see anything standing in
the way.

-Brian