Re: AWS Debian Stable 6.0.6 Image: Testing please

Excerpts from Jeremy Stanley's message of 2012-11-16 09:50:45 -0800:
> On 2012-11-16 18:27:25 +0100 (+0100), Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> [...]
> > As a Project the plan I've proposed to this list is to recommend
> > to people to set up their own cloud using the technology we offer
> > (OpenStack, Xen/XCP, Opennebula, you name it). But it is a fact
> > that there are Debian users out there who will not be able or
> > willing (for lack of skills, resources, whatever) to deploy their
> > own private cloud and will have to use a public one or left in the
> > cold.
> [...]
>
> Though it is worth underscoring, I think, that there are other
> public cloud providers who *do* run their infrastrucuture on free
> stacks and heavily contribute resources to open development efforts
> surrounding those communities. Not to belittle Amazon's
> contributions to free software in any way, but if I were unable to
> build my own hosting infrastructure I'd be far more likely to pay
> for services from a provider who actively opens their development
> efforts for those platforms, not just their APIs.

You mean companies like Rackspace, HP Cloud, and (soon to be more
widely accessible) Dreamhost. All of these companies run public clouds
on OpenStack, and actively participate in its development.