Re: AWS Debian Stable 6.0.6 Image: Testing please

On 2012-11-16 18:27:25 +0100 (+0100), Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
[...]
> As a Project the plan I've proposed to this list is to recommend
> to people to set up their own cloud using the technology we offer
> (OpenStack, Xen/XCP, Opennebula, you name it). But it is a fact
> that there are Debian users out there who will not be able or
> willing (for lack of skills, resources, whatever) to deploy their
> own private cloud and will have to use a public one or left in the
> cold.
[...]

Though it is worth underscoring, I think, that there are other
public cloud providers who *do* run their infrastrucuture on free
stacks and heavily contribute resources to open development efforts
surrounding those communities. Not to belittle Amazon's
contributions to free software in any way, but if I were unable to
build my own hosting infrastructure I'd be far more likely to pay
for services from a provider who actively opens their development
efforts for those platforms, not just their APIs.
--
{ WHOIS( STANL3-ARIN ); WWW( http://fungi.yuggoth.org/ );
FINGER( fungi@yuggoth.org ); IRC( fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl );