Re: Reading archives..

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 08:15:31PM +0000, Pierre Couzy wrote:
> > Do you know if the packaging in the working has been submitted for
> > integration into Debian proper?
>
> To be honest, I have no clue of what "proper" means in this context.

Sorry for the ambiguity. I just meant to say an official Debian package,
available via the Debian archive, as opposed to a package maintained on
a 3rd party repository.

> I have begun to read a lot of things on packaging, but it's not a
> small task. If someone with expertise in that domain is willing to
> spend an hour with me it will speed things up.

/me hopes that some of the DDs that expressed interest in Azure support
will pick this up. You know who you are :-)

> As this is still new, I would suggest we choose the first alternative
> for the time being, and learn. It should not be very long (a few
> months ?) before we have something stable and usable, even if the VHDs
> are hosted somewhere else. At that point we reassess our options.

Put it this way, this sounds convincing. hyper-v is used essentially as
spec gathering / quality checking, but once the info are gathered they
could be used independently to build the actual images, without needing
hyper-v.

Cheers.
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .