Re: [review] waagent: Windows Azure Linux Agent (part4)

On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 16:22:14 +0000
Jose Miguel Parrella Romero <joseparrella@gmail.com> wrote:
> I apologize for being a bit disconnected. I've actually been working on the topic, and willing to support the packaging efforts. I can add ideas to the review process and work more closely with Arnaud if necessary, as well as making some upstream connections when necessary although I don't "own" it. I will throw in some ideas now:

 thanks :)

> I can confirm that neither 32-bit squeeze nor wheezy can run on Azure out of the box. I tried upgrading kernels, grub and other workarounds to no avail. The other Linux images there are amd64, and so are the Windows ones. Using x86, the VM is stuck in provisioning state until timeout. Using latest wheezy netinst for amd64 works nicely and out of the box with no kernel upgrade necessary and just using the waagent package that Arnaud has been working on.

 wheezy kernel has already included patch (checked source)
 http://www.linuxonhyperv.com/waagent/0001-Drivers-scsi-storvsc-Account-for-in-transit-packets-.patch

 And I'll check a difference on Ubuntu generic kernel and -virtual flavor
 since it is instructed to use -virtual flavor on windowsazure.com page(*),
 and it may be necessary to modify kernel for Debian.

 *) http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/manage/linux/how-to-guides/prepare-a-linux-distribution/

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org