Re: Looking for a sponsor to upload openmcdf

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 12:12:43PM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> [Please CC me]
>
> Hi all,
>
>   I am looking for a DD to upload a small C# project:
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/package/openmcdf
>
>   This allow manipulation and viewing of CDF file from debian.

Sorry for taking some time to review. I've just taken a /quick/ look
(and importantly, have not built it yet).

  * The long description should probably not use ".net", see [0]. There
    are also typos "phisical" → "physical", for example. Please run a
    spellchecker over it. At a higher level, the short description
    doesn't tell me what the package is about; can that be improved?
  * We maintain all of our new packages under git/pkg-cli-apps on
    alioth with git-buildpackage; please request to join the team and
    add your package there[1]. You can carry on using SVN if you are really
    opposed, but it's discouraged.
  * DMUA → not until we've sponsored a few uploads, please. This should
    be added by the sponsor, at any rate.
  * What is the point of providing an empty manpage? Please fill it out.
  * If you've repacked the source, please append "+dfsg" to the upstream
    version to indicate this.
  * It is weird for a package not to provide an executable of the same
    name as the binary package; can one or the other be renamed?
  * Why do you call the helpers manually instead of using
    openmcf.install et al? Would reduce the number of processes that
    need to be executed and improve readability.

Should be enough to go on for now.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain@orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney@debian.org ]

[0] http://pkg-mono.alioth.debian.org/cli-policy/ch-terms.html#s-.NET
[1] "ssh git.debian.org; cd /git/pkg-cli-apps; ./setup-repository openmcf
    'openmcf packaging'" and then follow
    http://honk.sigxcpu.org/projects/git-buildpackage/manual-html/gbp.import.html#GBP.IMPORT.EXISTING,
    pushing to
    git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/pkg-cli-apps/packages/openmcf.git. See
    http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianMonoGroup/NewPackage for a quick
    summary of the team's workflow.