Mono 2.10 transition request

Dear Release Team,

We'd like to start the Mono transition[0,0.5] soon.

The packages have been aged in experimental for some time now, and this
transition has also taken place in Another Place with no notable
badness.

Following the RT's request for a dry run (Model 3 in [0.5]), Julian
Taylor did a test rebuild[1] of all rdepends and to the best of our
knowledge we have resolved the outstanding issues so that all that
should be required are no-change rebuilds or uploads from experimental
to unstable.

Roughly, the plan will be

  * Upload all of mono & cli-common from experimental to unstable
  * Upload build tools (nant)
  * Remove mono-debugger
  * Get LO bindings disabled
  * No-change rebuild / binNMU all applications against the 4.0
    profile
  * No-change rebuild / binNMU all libraries against the 4.0 profile, in
    leaf-first order

The reason for this ordering is because 4.0 executables can load 2.0
libraries but not vice-versa. A great deal of packages are pure managed
code, so arch:all and will therefore require sourceful uploads.

You can see the results of our testing at [2].

Please let us know when we can go ahead.

Cheers,
on behalf of the Debian Mono Group,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain@orangesquash.org.uk ]