Re: Preparation of Cinnamon 5?

Il 02/08/2021 03:35, Norbert Preining ha scritto:
Hi Fabio,

thanks a lot for your work, much appreciated!

I did a fast install (upgrade) test, if someone want do fast tests with
packages done:
I will run my own builds.

Things I think is good to do before upload: testing build on experimental if
It is strange that it fails, did you use sbuild? The reason is that if
the dependencies allow, packages should be taken from unstable even when
built on experimental. That means, if the same package builds on
unstable, the very same packages should get installed as build-depends
in experimental.

I will test, too.

I used debomatic, used other time build in experimental but this time failed:

http://debomatic-amd64.debian.net/distribution#dpr-cinnamon-experimental

from build logs:

 python3-distutils : Depends: python3:any (>= 3.9.4-0~)
 python3-lib2to3 : Depends: python3:any (>= 3.9.4-0~)
E: Broken packages
I then built to unstable to start package testing quickly when I had some time

I saw on salsa that CI fails because need an extrarepository where store the packages, kde for example have it:

https://salsa.debian.org/qt-kde-team/kde/kwin/-/commit/54fbfa830916ecaa0342a6f2aa8107485942ffd7

If I want add it I need to prepare a repository on personal server or is there a debian one available?

is there details on what is required/supported? I found only this (https://salsa.debian.org/salsa-ci-team/pipeline):

Adding your private repositories to the builds

The variables SALSA_CI_EXTRA_REPOSITORY and SALSA_CI_EXTRA_REPOSITORY_KEY can be used to add private apt repositories to the sources.list, to be used by the build and tests, and (optionally) the signing key for the repositories in armor format. These variables are of type file, which ease the multiline handling, but have the disadvantage that they can't be set on the salsa-ci.yml file.

I already used reprepro in my personal server in past (now I don't have personal dedicated server anymore as I have no longer manage forums and intensive web services for hobby in latest year), I have one reprepro at work but is "private"

If is there a complete docs of what is needed/supported for very fast extrarepo create and verylow manage I can consider buy a small vps for it and do it, @Norbert or @Maxy can you tell me, if there are other docs please?

are always better than 2^^), find a working solution for #983441:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-cinnamon/2021/07/msg00005.html (I don't
Sorry, I completely forgot about this and now reading it I am at loss:
* how can one reproduce the obsolete conffile?
* has it moved to a different package?

the obsolete conffile can be reproduced easy on upgrade from buster packages to newer, the conffile is not moved by path or removed (both fully supported correctly by maintscript) but moved to another package (https://salsa.debian.org/cinnamon-team/xapp/-/commit/92e10371cac3c34fd42e3fdaf99f91d79da7b462)

one month ago I asked on irc and maxy replied to try rm conffiles of maintscript anyway, tried but on first upgrade (that use it) make the file missed because removed by it

Thanks

Norbert

Fujitsu Research  +  IFMGA Guide  +  TU Wien  +  TeX Live  + Debian Dev