Re: Preparation of Cinnamon 5?

Hi Fabio,

> I used debomatic, used other time build in experimental but this time

Never tried.

> >   python3-distutils : Depends: python3:any (>= 3.9.4-0~)
> >   python3-lib2to3 : Depends: python3:any (>= 3.9.4-0~)
> > E: Broken packages

Seems like a package from experimental is taken despite not being
needed, the version in unstable would suffice.

This shows that the builds there are not properly done.

I suggest simply building on unstable, since we don't need anything from
experimental. Only the upload goes to experimental. All the builds on
the build servers will correctly use only packages from unstable.

> I saw on salsa that CI fails because need an extrarepository where store the

I gave up on salsa CI, sorry.
Also the KDE packages not once did succeed the CI builds. That is
somehow either broken or simply not working. I don't invest time there.

> If is there a complete docs of what is needed/supported for very fast
> extrarepo create and verylow manage I can consider buy a small vps for it
> and do it, @Norbert or @Maxy can you tell me, if there are other docs
> please?

No need for all that, forget CI ...

I just built all the cinnamon packages with an adjusted build-tier
script (original is here
https://salsa.debian.org/qt-kde-team/pkg-kde-dev-scripts/-/blob/master/build-tiers)
I only adjusted to be able to build cinnamon packages and defined tiers
for cinnamon. So all is automatically built in sbuild.

> correctly by maintscript) but moved to another package (https://salsa.debian.org/cinnamon-team/xapp/-/commit/92e10371cac3c34fd42e3fdaf99f91d79da7b462)

Ahh indeed. That is a pain and discussed now and then. The solution I
found is described here:

I also asked on #debian-devel now, will see if there is more than that.

Best

Norbert

Fujitsu Research  +  IFMGA Guide  +  TU Wien  +  TeX Live  + Debian Dev