Re: Preparation of Cinnamon 5?

Hi Fabio,

thanks a lot for your work, much appreciated!

> I did a fast install (upgrade) test, if someone want do fast tests with
> packages done:

I will run my own builds.

> Things I think is good to do before upload: testing build on experimental if

It is strange that it fails, did you use sbuild? The reason is that if
the dependencies allow, packages should be taken from unstable even when
built on experimental. That means, if the same package builds on
unstable, the very same packages should get installed as build-depends
in experimental.

I will test, too.

> are always better than 2^^), find a working solution for #983441:
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-cinnamon/2021/07/msg00005.html (I don't

Sorry, I completely forgot about this and now reading it I am at loss:
* how can one reproduce the obsolete conffile?
* has it moved to a different package?

Thanks

Norbert

Fujitsu Research  +  IFMGA Guide  +  TU Wien  +  TeX Live  + Debian Dev