Re: [Qref-dev]qref.sf.net Simple Chinese add

Ming Hua wrote:

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 08:25:48AM +0200, Jens Seidel wrote:
Great. Using index.zh_CN.php or index.zh-cn.php would be slightly better
but index.pt.php also stands for pt_BR so it's OK.

Hmm, actually not, since zh_TW uses different glyphs and encodings than
zh_CN.  But until zh_TW people has their own page I think we can live
with it (my understanding is that many people in Taiwan reads simplified
Chinese better than English).

In the present,the index.php file just only get the firse two alphabet of the lang.
The zh_CN and zh_TW get the same "zh" .
So,the file index.php need to  more modified to distinguish them.

I suggest you add the language name using latin characters in parentheses
(similar to Nihongo) since I see only garbage. Please ensure also that the
entry is properly sorted alphabetically.
Thank your suggestion.
I'd added the "(Simple Chinese)" in the language name and the entry is sorted alphabetically.
I'd commit them to cvs .

Please update the http://qref.sf.net again.

I think the English page is broken now.  The English page uses
iso-8859-1 encoding, and all the Chinese charactors are displayed as
garbage (I believe they are GB encoding).  Both Japanese and Russkij
(Russian?) uses HTML entities like 日 so I suppose Chinese should
use similar things.
I don't familiar with the 日 too,I don't use html and php for a long time.

I know nothing about php or HTML entities though, so I probably can't
fix this myself.

Ming
2005.07.19

--